Summer is here and as much as I try to befriend with it, I am left with no choice but to whine as I sweat my way to my morning lectures. So yeah there is nothing new or exciting changes for Indian summer, Oh wait, getting hotter day by day-Hurray!
Hot sticky weather, same old clothes of chinos and plaid shirts was the case till last year but worry no more at least something has changed when it comes to how brands have managed to keep up with the changing [long overdue] fashion and lifestyle trends of youngistaanis- Something unique something fresh but nothing too loud that say you are coming out of a Holi party. There you go guys, we no longer have to compensate our need for summer appreciation by wearing bright bold color shirts with equally opposite dark pants with sneakers ;). No more HOLI party folks!
High streetwear for both men and women alike is extremely fascinating this summer but getting into it with a fine tooth comb would be mundane as too much of everything just kills the excitement. As such I chose to help you understand two trends that are not only unique but for sure can be pulled off by anyone- Novice or a hardcore fashion enthusiast.
Gentleman, say hello to Pastels and Slogans- Your new friend for summer, your game changing confidant whether you are trying to swoon your new crush [ hmm that did sound corny] or just aimlessly hanging out with your pals, the list is endless. So what are pastels? Here is a seedhi baat no bakwaas gyan- Hues such as light blue, cream, light pink [Yup! Light pink, and trust me you will be fine wearing it so don’t freak out just yet LOL]. And slogans as in Yes you guessed it right “Aao Kabhi Haveli pe” type wala slogans on tees and shirts LOL. But I am not endorsing such puns- So my definition of a slogan is different per say.
Anyway here are the collections I have managed to scoop from Indian brands, so you can definitely grab them if they appease your fashion buds for this summer.
LIGHTWEIGHT DENIM JACKETS
Every normal insaan in other countries or a celebrity wear jackets [shackets] even in summer, and often times we end up becoming a tube light [or maybe that was just me] as to why wear a jacket in summer. Well, even our celebrities wear them. So yes they are all wearing light weight jackets specifically designed to compensate the usual t-shirt with button down shirt wala concept.
You can grab yours from myntra and here are your options:
- Brand- Alcott
- Can I use it in winters? Absolutely but might require new tricks for layering, after all, it’s lightweight.Why buy a jacket if you can’t use it for multipurpose. Pfftt! Only Indian I am as well 😉
- Wear it with a light tee or a vest and you are good to go, Weather getting too hot? Wear it with a vest, roll up the sleeves and voila you are ready!
- Jeans or chinos or joggers- Don’t think twice, they won’t disappoint you.
PASTELS AND SLOGANS TEE
Now tell me, is this pink not wearable? Of course not so grab them and join the summer trend bandwagon already.
- Where to find it? KOOVS
- Price- Under 500 INR
- Color options- Available, so go check them out
- Vest usability- Gym, home or outerwear there are endless possibilities.
Okay now that your top wear is sorted what about the pants, well this summer let’s take your pants game a notch higher and invest in something that has always been around but with a few tweaks- Trust me they are definitely aesthetically appealing.
Go for a gray jeans and chinos that have the appeal of cargo pants.
- Where to find them? Any store or Koovs and Jabong
- Tired of folding your jeans or lazy for a visit to the tailor for altering them? Well, just measure your desired length and chop it off. Wear it seamless or rub them off to get a frayed effect.